Video Game Disappointments -

General discussion and a free for all forum about everything and nothing! Please don't spam uselessly.
Vegetto Zacharias
Budding User

Re: Video Game Disappointments -

Post by Vegetto Zacharias »

nothing like TMNT the Arcade Game!!! I remeber staying up all night drinking Jolt and playing that *
SuperV
Dead Flower
Location: Behind you! Quick! Turn Arou- OWW!! That hurt, you *!

Post by SuperV »

Call me vintage, but I've been getting pretty disappointed with Nintendo lately. Now, I love Nintendo like a fat kid loves chocolate cake... but I can only replay Super Mario 3 so many times, even with new useless powers.Super Mario 3D Land may be the last "New Mario" game I buy. I still like the main series games like Galaxy, and if anything can convince me to buy a Wii-U, it may just be an inspired Mario game. HOWEVER! I'm getting really tired of these lackluster levels that have no memorable moments at all. Nintendo's just getting lazy and mass-producing Mario games to feed the fan base who can't Not buy Mario games.

In a whole, the entire Game industry has been a let-down to me lately. Nintendo's off creating party games, and it seems like the rest of the world is fapping over the new FPS with improved graphics and yelling at each other over the internet. I miss the days where you could have fun playing a game, and just try to do your best and get further. Maybe I'm just old, but I prefer games to be more about focus and playing against yourself, and getting better. I'm not a competitive person, and I hate feeling like that means I have to play either puzzle games or Nintendo's attempt to recreate my childhood. I'm not a child, and I'm not starving to shoot and kill people. I guess that's why I've been stuck playing NES games like Castlevania lately. Difficulty that's obviously not for kids, but enough substance to make you keep coming back.

I know I may be a rare breed these days, but I guess I just expect different things out of games. I want something that's fun, with enough replay value (NOT just because of UNLOCKABLES! BLAH!!!!), and something that makes me WANT to keep replaying to get better... not because the game makes me, but because it's memorable and enjoyable enough. I hate to be all doom-and-gloom, but I doubt there'll ever be a market for what I want again. Well, unless it's DDR or another rhythm style game like Guitar Hero that makes me want to pluck my eyes out.
Vegetto Zacharias
Budding User

Post by Vegetto Zacharias »

Zombie U is ridiculously difficult, but pretty fun. Thoughts?