Futurama - Old Vs. New

All other TV Stuff here.
Amanroth
Post Monser

Futurama - Old Vs. New

Post by Amanroth »

What do you prefer better? Don't get me wrong, all Futurama is classic. There are some minute but very noticeable differences in the way the show is going though, since it was rebirthed for Comedy Central. For argumentative purposes, we can probably include the movies in with the new episodes, as there was quite a long waiting period between their cancellation and the films.

For example, the new episodes all (or for the most part at least) seem to have taken more of a south park approach to writing, in the sense that they take a topic or idea that is quite topical and receiving attention in the media lately, and they lampoon it (EyePhone, Proposition Infinity, etc.) Not all episodes are like this, some retain their absolute futuristic nonsense as seen in some of the more classic episodes before their cancellation from Fox. They've obviously retained their approach of "futurizing the present" in a hilarious way.

For sheer numbers sake, I can say there's obviously more old eps I like than new ones, but I would say that I enjoy a larger percentage of the new eps a great deal more than the old ones, so I'm gonna go with new being better.
Knowledge once held power, now it remains in the pleasantries of sight. Brains or beauty? What's more important than the envy of another? We starve our only strengths to feed our weaknesses. Mental anorexia.
The009
Site Admin

Re: Futurama - Old Vs. New

Post by The009 »

Considering I fall asleep ( Quite Literally ) to Futurama every single night I will say that the new epps are overall a bit better.

Now as for the reason they are doing what is currently getting attention in the media well to be honest they don't have a choice. The Simpsons and their 20+ years of show have covered just about everything that a writer can come up with.

The newer epps also have more of an adult appeal to them.

The show is great and I do like the older epps but I will have to say that you covered basically my thoughts on it.
I am here to help, BUT don't pester me about trivial stuff.

http://www.the009.net My Personal Site

If you have an issue post it in the Issues Forum.

We currently Don't need any moderators If we do Mods will be appointed when needed.
Dalton K
Budding User

Re: Futurama - Old Vs. New

Post by Dalton K »

I had a bit of rose-coloured glasses going on for the older eps for quite some time, but going back and watching them, they are really not that different from the newer ones. I think I might prefer the older eps very slightly, as I think the newer eps go for the easy jokes just very slightly too often, but really, all of it is amazing. One of my favourite shows on TV.