DBZ - Otherwise - Soldiers - AMV

News On Various Things From The Site Staff
The009
Site Admin

DBZ - Otherwise - Soldiers - AMV

Post by The009 »

Check out my new Video let me know what you think.

Yes I'm pimping my stuff on the forums :)

I am here to help, BUT don't pester me about trivial stuff.

http://www.the009.net My Personal Site

If you have an issue post it in the Issues Forum.

We currently Don't need any moderators If we do Mods will be appointed when needed.
The009
Site Admin

Re: DBZ - Otherwise - Soldiers - AMV

Post by The009 »

No responses :(

We currently Don't need any moderators If we do Mods will be appointed when needed.
Amanroth
Post Monser

Post by Amanroth »

I liked it haha. I just didn't respond because responding is for posers. I am a little curious though, why is this in the news from admins section?
Knowledge once held power, now it remains in the pleasantries of sight. Brains or beauty? What's more important than the envy of another? We starve our only strengths to feed our weaknesses. Mental anorexia.
The009
Site Admin

Post by The009 »

Cause im an admin and its news from me...

Well to be honest no one would have even look at it otherwise.

Amanroth
Post Monser

Post by Amanroth »

hahaha well it seems nobody was really looking at it either way. no offense :P *a lone tumbleweed rolls across the horizon* it's a ghost town in here :(
Knowledge once held power, now it remains in the pleasantries of sight. Brains or beauty? What's more important than the envy of another? We starve our only strengths to feed our weaknesses. Mental anorexia.
SuperV
Dead Flower
Location: Behind you! Quick! Turn Arou- OWW!! That hurt, you *!

Post by SuperV »

Well, I like the general idea of the video. I think the idea fits well and you lined up words like "battle cry" and "shoulder to shoulder" with images that support those. However, there are a few things that hinder this to being an Alright video instead of a great video.

First, maybe it's just me, but I don't like the idea of characters "speaking" the lyrics. Especially Gohan in the beginning. Especially when the words are out of character for either the character of the overall story of the video. The video's about Gohan's fight with Cell, and it's been awhile since I've seen the show but I remember Gohan being apprehensive about fighting. So phrases like "It's a perfect day to die" seem out of character to me.

The last two idea have to do with the music. I think the song works well for the clips, but I think you could have matched the essence of the music more. The music progressively builds through the entire song, so should the emotion in the video. To me, the song is about inevitability of being a solider and fighting. I think you could do more to capture the essence of the song, rather than just picking a story that fits the idea of the song.

Lastly, I want to talk about moments like 0:54 where the music adds the pounding guitar. Use moments in the music like that to sync up moments in the video. You are thinking about the lyrics and painting pictures with the words, now use the music in the same way. I kind of got the feeling you didn't know what to do with that section, so you threw in clips of Cell running after Gohan. Again, to me, that seems like prime space I would have wanted to use. The section at 1:10 is the first real 'arrival point' in the music, the spot where you finally go "This is where the song's been taking me!" Even though there's no words, that's the first time we really get slammed in the face with the full electric sound. That spot could be EPIC!!! But again, I get the feeling it was space to kind of set up the sections with lyrics.

Final words: You have potential, don't think I'm just ripping into you because it sucks, it doesn't. But I think there is room for improvement. Maybe I'm just bias since I'm a music guy and not a lyrics guy, but I think you would benefit greatly from taking some cues from the music. And I know to most people those are the 'little details', but it's those little details that turns something average into something amazing.