Fight Club

For those who like Novels of any kind.
Mr. T
Prized Petunia

Fight Club

Post by Mr. T »

Yesterday was Chuck Palanhnuk's birthday and since it's my reading week, I decided to pick up this book which I had bought a while ago after seeing the movie. It's been like 12 hours and I'm almost done, you can't put it down. It's like watching a psychological train wreak or something, it's too gruesome to steal your eyes away from. I highly recommend the book if you were able to stomache the movie, unlike alot of other movie/book interpretations the movie is pretty faithful and captures much of the events as well as possible. It's only a 200pg book, in small paperback form so easily digestible... as much as anything he writes is. While I'm at it here's a sample of writing my sister told me about from a young age which probably scarred me for life, but god bless her anyways:

http://chuckpalahniuk.net/features/shorts/guts
"You got to believe in the ball, and throw your self." - Existential wisdom from the T

Y'all don't know
Amanroth
Post Monser

Re: Fight Club

Post by Amanroth »

I've heard the book is really awesome actually. I remember how addicted to the movie everyone was. I'll have to pick up a copy.

Also, did you know that "fight club" rhymes with "night club"? WOWZA!
Knowledge once held power, now it remains in the pleasantries of sight. Brains or beauty? What's more important than the envy of another? We starve our only strengths to feed our weaknesses. Mental anorexia.
Mr. T
Prized Petunia

Post by Mr. T »

WalkingAbomination wrote:I've heard the book is really awesome actually. I remember how addicted to the movie everyone was. I'll have to pick up a copy.

Also, did you know that "fight club" rhymes with "night club"? WOWZA!
Yeah, in the epilogue the author says that among the reactions he got from the book was one guy on a plane insisting that it was a macho violence-infused interpretation of * dudes banging in public bathouses. So maybe the title is a further illusion to a * bar? I admit, I never even thought of that aspect of the novel until I went on wikipedia and it mentioned something about "homoerotic overtones" in the novel. I guess maybe in some parts it could be implied, but nothing is overtly stated I don't think. Since Tyler Durden is the narrator's split personality, wouldn't it be more like *? People are probably just realizing the author is * and letting their imaginations/biases take over.
"You got to believe in the ball, and throw your self." - Existential wisdom from the T

Y'all don't know
sike oh
Prized Petunia

Post by sike oh »

I read this a few years ago in college and actually read the book before seeing the movie. Both are great but I really enjoyed the book. Definitely glad I read the book first too.
Amanroth
Post Monser

Post by Amanroth »

I love the part in the book where Brad Pitt is banging Helena Bonham Carter. Man what a good read.
Knowledge once held power, now it remains in the pleasantries of sight. Brains or beauty? What's more important than the envy of another? We starve our only strengths to feed our weaknesses. Mental anorexia.