Attack on Titan

General Anime Discussion goes here. If we need topic that need their own forum we will go from there.
Kiriska
Yay No More Flowers

Re: Attack on Titan

Post by Kiriska »

@SV, didn't read your "spoiler" because I wasn't sure to what extent it's a spoiler. I'm current on the anime, but refuse to look at the manga until the season's done. Episode 21 was really intense...I'm really antsy about how they're gonna wrap it up for the season. I'm not worried about filler though. Outside of Shounen Jump and SJ-type mainstream titles, filler typically isn't actually a problem in anime ever?

@3DX, the stuff that happens in 8 works in pretty fine, imo, because it's not the deus ex machina it appears at first glance.

My main want right now is for them to actually reveal more/focus more on the Titans, but there is so much delicious human drama in the meantime, this is hardly a complaint. I'm really glad this series is getting everyone crawling out of the woodwork to watch it though.
they/them
Kiriska
Yay No More Flowers

Post by Kiriska »

I am mad about episode 23, omfg.

The season's gonna have the Worst Cliffhanger Ever. I can feel it.
they/them
SuperV
Dead Flower
Location: Behind you! Quick! Turn Arou- OWW!! That hurt, you *!

Post by SuperV »

Why mad? They returned from beyond the wall, so life is less stressful. Granted we don't know who the female titan is, but you can guess pretty easily. She's also not dead, but it would be anticlimactic to kill off the first real villian they've had so easily. I'm just hoping they got their episode of "woe is humanity" out of the way and and the next 3 episodes are human action, not just more human drama.
Kiriska
Yay No More Flowers

Post by Kiriska »

lol, 23 was the female titan identity reveal. P: I was mad that it was who I thought it was, mostly because the motivation has yet been revealed along with the identity.

Today's episode (24) was pretty great though. I'm looking forward to the finale and then catching up with the manga afterwards.
they/them
SuperV
Dead Flower
Location: Behind you! Quick! Turn Arou- OWW!! That hurt, you *!

Post by SuperV »

I don't seem to remember them revealing the female directly, but the did elude to it. Maybe different subs added or deleted that line. I had to stop watching crunchy roll because I didn't know what the * an "aberant" was and ran into spoilers trying to find out what it was.

I have to watch 24 tonight because our power was out all day yesterday. I think I'll wait for the next season and not check out the manga.
Kiriska
Yay No More Flowers

Post by Kiriska »

lol..."aberrant" is a legitimate English word they're using the standard definition of...? You could have just used Dictionary.com. XD Hulu also streams Attack on Titan using FUNimation's official subs. I hear they're decent (and I guess I'll see them when I get the DVD), but not as good as Crunchy's. But gg's also subbing AoT, so there's that too.

But 23's reveal is pretty unambiguous regardless...??
they/them
Kiriska
Yay No More Flowers

Post by Kiriska »

So the series didn't end on as outrageous a cliffhanger as I expected. I'm actually a little disappointed. It ended on a reasonable note and a good enough stopping place that I'm not actually super compelled to catch up with the manga immediately. I probably will, before the year's out, but mostly to avoid spoilers. I'd otherwise be pretty okay with just waiting.
they/them
j-ren
Flowering User

Post by j-ren »

Attack on Titan is great. I'm probably going to cosplay as Sasha because potatoes.
Kiriska
Yay No More Flowers

Post by Kiriska »

AoT cosplay is wayyyy too much trouble even if I weren't behind a table most cons. I think it's funny as * seeing other AoT cosplayers going around in their entire cosplay except the stupid 3DM harnesses Sundays though. No one wants to effort that on a Sunday.
they/them
Baka
Aww Fun Time Is Over

Post by Baka »

Sigh...I started watching it as well. Episode 6 atm, god bless my job where I can watch anime all day.
Seems solid but my only gripe is with the look of the titans....they seem to be perverts from hentai....kinda offputting