Guys, anime is still awesome.

General Anime Discussion goes here. If we need topic that need their own forum we will go from there.
Kiriska
Yay No More Flowers

Re: Guys, anime is still awesome.

Post by Kiriska »

I know a good number of guy fans for both Ouran and *, though yeah, more female fans for both. * I've been meaning to check out a while on my brother's rec, actually, though I haven't decided if I want to check the anime or manga out first, since they're reportedly pretty different.

And ditto, there is so much stuff on Hulu and Crunchyroll and I can't keep up, really. My backlog is massive, but this isn't a terrible dilemma I suppose.
they/them
FF...
Aww Fun Time Is Over

Post by FF... »

What About Pokemon?
Kiriska
Yay No More Flowers

Post by Kiriska »

What about it? There are 649 of the * now and a new pair of games out this summer. Lost track of the anime.
they/them
j-ren
Flowering User

Post by j-ren »

Not going to lie, I kind of want to play the upcoming Pokemon/Nobunaga's Ambition crossover-Pokemon Conquest-when it comes out.
Kiriska
Yay No More Flowers

Post by Kiriska »

I've never been terribly interested in history, but I can't say the promo art hasn't been hilarious.

I would be happy if I could get off my * and finish Black before BW2 comes out though. I'm so behind on everything. ;c I was still working on Platinum when HG/SS came out, and was still working on SoulSilver when BW came out, and so I have been perpetually burnt out on the games, but I keep buying them anyway.
they/them
DDUI
Flowering User

Post by DDUI »

My wife and I watched Ouran and it was hilarious, though the ending was positively crap, in my opinion, but we enjoyed it. But, after that sparkly unplanned pregnancy, we decided to randomly elect Elfen Lied as our next anime endeavor. Holy *, talk about contract. We finished that and enjoyed it as well.

Started Darker than Black yesterday. Pretty interesting so far.

They're making new Berserk, they're currently making OVAs to basically cover the golden age (what the berserk series covered,) but I believe they're going to include all of the characters. I don't know, I need to watch the * thing but unfortunately can't at this time as I haven't seen anyone really post a subbed version.

I watched through Naruto into Naruto Shipuuden, got up to episode 180 something before quitting. I also watched Bleach up to where SPOILERS.......Ichigo defeated Aizen and lost his power and *.

I've read all of the berserk manga and I am staying current with it. I was current with the bleach manga until I just stopped.
Kiriska
Yay No More Flowers

Post by Kiriska »

I liked Ouran's anime ending well enough, though the manga ending is better. That's what happens when you make anime prior to the manga's completion though. Still hoping for a second season of the anime, but I dunno how that'd work.

Read Bleach up until aforementioned spoiler. I mostly consider the series dead to me now. Do not plan to finish ever. I do, however, intend to finish Naruto when the series ends, but following it week-to-week got kind of depressing so I stopped.
they/them
j-ren
Flowering User

Post by j-ren »

Hey Kiri, are you excited for the Code Geass OVA?
Kiriska
Yay No More Flowers

Post by Kiriska »

Which one? <_> But not particularly for any of them...

I'm irritated about the upcoming Gaiden OVA series, Akito of the Exiled, because I dislike spinoff media that don't involve at least some of the original cast. I'm going to watch it anyway, of course, but I'll be going into it with a half-hearted grudge. U_U For the record, I LOVED the way R2 ended and therefore am against the idea of a real sequel, but that doesn't mean I'll like the spinoff stuff any either.

The Nunnally in Wonderland OVA is kind of pointless, but clearly self-satirical and for the lulz, so I'm kind of indifferent. A lot of the promo art for it has been hilariously... bad? Cheesy? Suggestive? I dunno! I'm also gonna watch it anyway, but yeah, there's no real value here, lol.
they/them
Kiriska
Yay No More Flowers

Post by Kiriska »

I'm gravedigging this to say that the Nunnally in Wonderland OVA was hilariously bad and that Akito the Exiled part 1 was just bad. Akito the Exiled part 2 comes out soon and they've apparently recast Jun * as a redraw of Lelouch in an attempt to make people care, so I'm pretty sure part 2 will be worse. C:
they/them