Marvel VS. DC (aka THE ULTIMATE SHOWDOWN)

Who doesn't like a good comic.
Amanroth
Post Monser

Marvel VS. DC (aka THE ULTIMATE SHOWDOWN)

Post by Amanroth »

And... go.

Other comics will also be accepted into this battle. But please state as unbiased a reason as possible as to why your comic is better. I personally like Dark Horse and Marvel. DC characters didn't seem to have nearly as much depth as Marvel until quite recently. I suppose each era has their high and low points but I'd like to see what other people think.
Knowledge once held power, now it remains in the pleasantries of sight. Brains or beauty? What's more important than the envy of another? We starve our only strengths to feed our weaknesses. Mental anorexia.
j-ren
Flowering User

Re: Marvel VS. DC (aka THE ULTIMATE SHOWDOWN)

Post by j-ren »

This is a hard debate, so I'm just going to break it down to the things I favor.
My all-time favorite hero is Batman, but as far as DC goes that's the only comic series I've ever really bothered with. (Though I have been contemplating checking out the New 52 comics) Marvel has a bigger roster of heroes that I find to be more interesting overall. Not to mention Marvel has an awesome digital comic subscription that I wished DC would do for their comics.
Like most other fans I enjoyed Christopher Nolan's Batman movies, but now Marvel seems to be doing their own reboots of Spiderman, X Men, and supposedly the Fantastic Four. How does everyone else feel about these?
FF...
Aww Fun Time Is Over

Post by FF... »

Hopefully they'll improve upon their predecessors. I believe X-men is getting prequeled though, not rebooted.

I never really followed marvel or DC for a very long time, but I have picked up comics from time to time, and I guess I favor marvel.
j-ren
Flowering User

Post by j-ren »

You're right, x-men is prequel though I wouldn't mind if they started fresh. Also, Wolverine 2 has been announced. =|
Kiriska
Yay No More Flowers

Post by Kiriska »

It's impossible to really pick one over the other because it comes down to individual storylines. Even amongst favorite characters, there are arcs that are * stupid and bad writing all over the place because the properties have been around for so long. Sometimes you have The Killing Joke and sometimes you have this. And the same goes for every Marvel character.
they/them
Amanroth
Post Monser

Post by Amanroth »

hahahahaha that's terrible. bat-baby...

as for these reboots, i don't really see it as a problem. I just wish the studios would forego worrying about special effects until they actually have a decent story. That way they can get the movies right the first time. It seems to be all they care about anymore, packing as much * in as possible and sacrificing any cohesion. The newer Hulk movie with Ed Norton was far better than the one that came out a couple years prior. The new Spider-man seems decent but I believe it is based more on Ultimate Spider-man as he is bitten in high school as opposed to university. The new X-men prequel was actually pretty good I thought. I liked the first X-men movie, but the second and third were all about the effects. The Wolverine movie was decent too but there's a lot of things wrong with it. For some reason these producers feel the need to tweak the already pre-existing storyline in order to "fill out the movie better", but realistically it just makes comic fans angry, and they're the ones who are really getting into the movie anyways right?

If we're gonna talk movies in this battle, I prefer DC because they seem to stick closer to the comics. I just watched that Superman Returns movie, which was decent save for the fact that I'm not a big fan of Superman. It was supposedly a direct sequel to Superman 2 with Christopher Reeves. I also really enjoy the Tim Burton and Christopher Nolan Batman movies. I'm not so stoked to see Green Lantern though, I think it's gonna be a joke.
Knowledge once held power, now it remains in the pleasantries of sight. Brains or beauty? What's more important than the envy of another? We starve our only strengths to feed our weaknesses. Mental anorexia.
Alpha
Post Monser

Post by Alpha »

Deadpool wins.
Amanroth
Post Monser

Post by Amanroth »

Deadpool definitely did win.