No Non-Fiction Section?

For those who like Novels of any kind.
tman
Budding User

No Non-Fiction Section?

Post by tman »

Just a request I suppose, I realize this biz is new again but it would be nice to have a Non-Fiction section to discuss, well Non-Fiction books. I think many will agree, but thats primarely what I read. Why read and made up story when you can learn about something that exists in our realm?
"The preponderance of man is failing, join me in this bleak dissolving of our kind."

@tristanfortrust
The009
Site Admin

Re: No Non-Fiction Section?

Post by The009 »

great idea and will be implemented soon. ( although thread is in the wrong location ) :)
I am here to help, BUT don't pester me about trivial stuff.

http://www.the009.net My Personal Site

If you have an issue post it in the Issues Forum.

We currently Don't need any moderators If we do Mods will be appointed when needed.
FF...
Aww Fun Time Is Over

Post by FF... »

Why read and made up story when you can learn about something that exists in our realm?
I don't think the two can really be compared. Why watch a movie/TV show when you can watch a documentary and learn something?

In any case, it has helped me fall asleep easier to read a fictional book before bedtime. I always had a pretty hard time with it, because I can't switch of my mind, and I end up pondering on stuff instead of sleeping. Reading non-fiction only adds to that, since it would just keep me up thinking about the information I just absorbed.
Saimeks
Budding User

Post by Saimeks »

tman wrote:Just a request I suppose, I realize this biz is new again but it would be nice to have a Non-Fiction section to discuss, well Non-Fiction books. I think many will agree, but thats primarely what I read. Why read and made up story when you can learn about something that exists in our realm?
I could open up a can of worms and argue that historical texts and non-fiction works (e.g. Maus) are still quasi-fictional.

But I'll just say that I think fiction and non-fiction are both important cultural reflections and can be equally entertaining. Certainly, "real" works (i.e. reality TV, documentaries, blogs, non-fiction essays) are the sexy modes of expression in contemporary society. I'd like a non-fiction forum as well.