Guys, anime is still awesome.

General Anime Discussion goes here. If we need topic that need their own forum we will go from there.
Trunks3DX
Flowering User

Re: Guys, anime is still awesome.

Post by Trunks3DX »

So, where do you find this stuff? Allow me to gravedig.
Kiriska
Yay No More Flowers

Post by Kiriska »

As I said in the first post, lol, there are a to of legal streaming options these days, especially if you live in the US. Crunchyroll and Hulu both offer various anime streaming to free users and simulcast some series each season on a one week delay. Netflix and Amazon Instant both have decent selections of older/finished series, including several subbed series. Daisuki.net came up recently as a competitor to Crunchy, but they're still building their backlog and I haven't really poked around with their service (since I'm already subscribed to Crunchy.) Other than that, there's all the usual venues for the series that don't get picked up for legal streams.

If anyone wants a Crunchyroll guest pass though (48 hours subscribed access), lemme know. I have a few.
they/them
Trunks3DX
Flowering User

Post by Trunks3DX »

Toss me one of those Crunchyroll passes, I'll give it a go. Not sure how that works? Email? [email protected] if that's the case.
Kiriska
Yay No More Flowers

Post by Kiriska »

Guest pass sent. You'll need to sign up with a CR account to redeem. I suggest redeeming on the weekend so you can make good use of the 48 hours, haha.

Of the list in my first post, only Gurren Lagann and Chihayafuru are available. You'd probably enjoy the former a lot more. Kill la Kill is also simulcasting this season and is done by the same creative team as Gurren Lagann.
they/them
Trunks3DX
Flowering User

Post by Trunks3DX »

This just in: Yidi is a real sweetheart.
Kiriska
Yay No More Flowers

Post by Kiriska »

Ew, gross, real name, grosssss. But I'm just an anime evangelist is all. The more people get back into this stuff, the more people I can talk to about it. P:

I still have more guest passes if anyone wants. CR does have some availability outside the US, but it varies for individual titles. I think this link lets you check what your region has, but I'm not sure since US gets everything. <_<

ALSO, I recently uploaded all of Code Geass S1 for a friend since it isn't streaming anywhere, if anyone wants to check that out before I remove it. The rar's like 5 gigs and is a mix of hard subs (.avi) and soft subs (.mkv). I thiiink everything is 720p? Note that if your computer's set to auto-thumbnail .avi files, be careful because some of those auto-thumbs are spoilery as *.
they/them
Trunks3DX
Flowering User

Post by Trunks3DX »

Not a fan of your actual name, huh? So I can't invent a rendition of the Bubba Sparxxx classic Ms New
Booty by saying Yidi Yidi Yidi Yidi rockin' everywhere? Yidi.
Kiriska
Yay No More Flowers

Post by Kiriska »

Man, you drew a comic about me hating my name ten years ago. Get with it already.
they/them