The Amazing Spider-man

General discussion and a free for all forum about everything and nothing! Please don't spam uselessly.
Amanroth
Post Monser

The Amazing Spider-man

Post by Amanroth »

What did ya'll think of this movie? I can't say I'm 100% happy with the way they changed the story, but I knew what the plot was long before it came out. That being said, I felt the acting was far superior, and the action sequences and effects seemed WAY more tasteful than the Sam Raimi movies. For that I deemed it decent, but perhaps it is only because my expectations are so low at this point. I gotta say I enjoyed Denis Leary as Captain Stacy.

Now what I'm wondering is this: I've been under the impression that this movie was based more on the Ultimate Spider-man plotline, with him being bitten in high school and all. I'm not as familiar with the Ultimate stuff, but I was pretty sure Parker's father worked with Eddie Brock's father, not with Connors, at Oscorp. So either way it seems they took a lot of liberties with the story. Oh well, at least they didn't * with the web shooters.
Knowledge once held power, now it remains in the pleasantries of sight. Brains or beauty? What's more important than the envy of another? We starve our only strengths to feed our weaknesses. Mental anorexia.
j-ren
Flowering User

Re: The Amazing Spider-man

Post by j-ren »

I was skeptical when I first heard about the reboot, but knowing now that it works for the Avengers and it's a little bit more true to the original story-line I appreciate it more. What I like the best from the reboot is the fact that they gave him his witty personality. Overall I approve of the movie, although I admit I think it would be cool if they cast Willem Defoe as Norman Osborne again.
Amanroth
Post Monser

Post by Amanroth »

On a side note I just spent a hundred bucks on an amazing spider-man outfit. i plan to show up late to my girlfriend's birthday party in the hopes that she'll be mad, and then embarrass the * out of her by acting like a very unprofessional paid spider-man who has been hired to attend her party.

* am I lookin' too fine in this costume.
Knowledge once held power, now it remains in the pleasantries of sight. Brains or beauty? What's more important than the envy of another? We starve our only strengths to feed our weaknesses. Mental anorexia.
Dritz
Flowering User

Post by Dritz »

I liked that Spiderman was actually witty in the reboot. He was kind of flat and boring in the original trilogy.
FF...
Aww Fun Time Is Over

Post by FF... »

Do you not like your girlfriend or something?
j-ren
Flowering User

Post by j-ren »

I take back my previous statement as I am fail. Sony still has the rights for Spider-man thus he will most likely not be in the next avengers movie. So the reboot isn't totally justifiable in my eyes but it was still pretty good.
Amanroth
Post Monser

Post by Amanroth »

hahaha well she would enjoy it for sure.